domingo, 22 de maio de 2016

~ El alma que anda en el amor, ni cansa ni se cansa


Life's been busy at the camp, not a lot of moments to rest since I am the only medical volunteer there "full time". 
Despite that I am really overwhelmed with all of this already, somethings are so different from what I expected, It really caught me by surprise that in between the refugees there is so many people with a degree, so many people who actually abandoned a great life in their homes to escape this war.
I have been faced with medical challenges every day, decisions that I NEED to be able to take, and things that I must learn and know. 
Nothing comes easy here but the Adventist Help Team and the Do your Part Team here represented and which I am working with and the moment are doing an awesome job, not only helping as volunteers but getting the refugees involved, make them work for their community and for their own benefit, as teachers of the kids, as "handyman", as security and even with a project for a little farm. I am really happy with all of this, it makes me happy seeing something really great growing here. It's a reality really different from what I heard in other camps, here refugees have hope but also know that they may be here for a long time and have to establish and create a life here.
Even with all the work there was time today to watch the sunset by the sea. 

-

Tenho estado bastante atarefada no campo visto que sou a única voluntária médica no momento. 
Apesar disso estou realmente surpreendida com tudo isto, há tantas coisas que são diferentes do que esperava, por exemplo, apanhou-me de surpresa que grande parte dos refugiados sejam pessoas com um curso superior, com boas profissões que abandonaram uma vida razoável nas suas terras para escapar à guerra. 
Todos os dias tenho me deparado com desafios médicos, decisões que TENHO de tomar e coisas que tenho de aprender e fazer.
Nada é facilitado aqui mas a Adventist Help Team e a Do Your Part Team aqui representadas e com quem estou a trabalhar de momento têm feito um trabalho realmente incrível, não só ajudando como voluntários mas também envolvendo os refugiados, motivando-os a trabalhar pela comunidade e para seu próprio benefício, como professores, como "mão de obra", como seguranças e até com um projeto para uma pequena quinta. Enche-me o coração ver algo tão incrível crescer aqui. 
É uma realidade bastante diferente dos testemunhos que ouço de outros campos, aqui os refugiados sentem esperança mas ainda assim sabem que podem ter de ficar por muito tempo e portanto têm se tentando estabelecer e criar uma comunidade. 
Apesar de todo o trabalho ainda consegui ver o por do sol junto ao mar hoje. 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário